Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council has adopted a new tourism strategy for 2017-2022
The new tourism strategy was prepared by Future Analytics Consulting, together with Louise Browne Associates and Deirdre Black Associates.
The strategy was prepared following extensive consultation with a variety of key stakeholders and the county’s Tourism Steering Group and identified three key thematic experiences to maximise the assets of Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown and cater for the desires and interests of tourists visiting the county.
- • ‘Urban Splash!’ highlights the maritime possibilities;
- • ‘Between the Lines’ focusses in the county’s cultural and literature heritage; and
- • ‘Well Worth the Climb’ emphasises the upland and mountain resources.
These experiences target the preferences of the key tourist market segments interested in visiting the county, taking advantage of how well the attractiveness of the county aligns with the overall promotion of tourism in the Dublin region, through ‘Dublin – A Breath of Fresh Air’.
The Plan has five key objectives:
1. Enhance journey, sense of arrival and information at key arrival points to raise awareness of what is on offer to encourage visitors to stay, explore and return.
2. Connect and raise awareness of the network of key visitor experiences from the coast, the mountains, the towns and villages and connect the network of visitor destinations where possible.
3. Develop a suite of signature experiences – activities, products and programmes – to showcase the unique characteristics of the destination, meet the needs of its target markets and substantiate the overall brand proposition.
4. Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop an integrated tourism offer and effectively address key challenges to support the ongoing growth and development of the tourism industry.
5. Implement a new Marketing Strategy for the Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown proposition, leveraging the Destination Dublin brand to enhance awareness of the visitor experiences and attract more tourists to the county.
The new Tourism Strategy takes an integrated approach to developing and promoting Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown as a destination for tourism, and aims to enhance tourism and its wider economic benefits for the county. It sets out a clear vision, objectives and key actions and projects for developing and growing tourism within Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown from 2017-2022.
Get in touch on 01-6394836 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
FAC is a leading Chartered Town Planning, Development and Socio-economic Analytics Consultancy based in Dublin with an extensive project portfolio throughout Ireland. FAC has extensive experience in town and village renewal, town and village health checks, and settlement profiling.