Senior Associate Town Planner – Development Management and Strategy Planning
Posted on 18 September, 2020
We are looking for experienced Senior Associate Town Planners with at least 7 years of proven expertise in the sector to build on FAC’s project delivery across a diverse project portfolio. The role requires positive contribution to project development and delivery in accordance with the wider work programme and project priorities of the consultancy.
Location: Dublin 2
Specific Tasks and Duties
- To manage a portfolio of planning projects;
- To manage relations with FAC’s existing client base in a proactive and positive manner;
- To plan and manage own work, showing commitment to continuous professional development;
- To supervise and provide guidance to junior members of staff;
- To prepare planning applications, appeals, planning reports, feasibility studies and EIARs;
- Provide planning advice and opinion on a range of planning and environmental policy and regulation;
- Contribution to the creation of new opportunities and new ideas – developing best practice;
- To carry out other duties and responsibilities of a similar nature to those described above as may be allocated from time to time.
- You will have 7+ years of town planning, development and strategy experience;
- A proven track record and experience in the planning and development industry;
- Strong knowledge and experience of Irish planning and EIAR procedure;
- High proficiency and knowledge of the planning and development policy landscape in Ireland;
- Broad business insight and understanding of commercial processes is critical.
- Irish Planning Institute professional accreditation (with CPD maintained), and/or Royal Town Planning Institute accreditation (with CPD maintained);
- Passionate about town planning, development and strategy – eager to learn and engage;
- Self-starter initiative – motivated with a positive and creative outlook, and a strong team player;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence in working within a business and technical environment;
- Ambition – career and personal development focused;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise multiple projects with sound judgment and time management skills;
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), analytical planning and problem-solving skills.
- Remote working facilitated;
- Flexible working hours;
- Continuous Professional Development (academic pursuits and memberships);
- Company contribution to Pension and annual Professional Subscriptions;
- Mobile phone and bill coverage.
Deadline for applications is 16 October 2020. Query submissions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote job title in all applications or query submissions.
If you are interested in the position, please use the form below to submit your application:
Thank you for applying.
We will review your details and get back to you as soon as possible.